Thursday, November 20, 2008

Giving Thanks?

So some "friends" and our family are going to stay at a cabin in Estes Park, and I can't help feeling that there is something i should know...





aaron ("me" in the conversation) 
Nov 20, 3:06 pm
Jana and I had this conversation over chat:
Jana: I think we need a commemorative album for Gobblerfest
with pics, recipes and perhaps some of the email conversations.
me: And then we can SELL IT.
For thousands of dollars.
But probably only if one of us dies in a prolonged and very sad way.
I nominate Mike.
He's the nicest one so it will be the saddest.
Jana: haha

Sent at 2:50 PM on Thursday
me: We need to make sure all of our photos are incredibly
heartwarming.
Jana: or incredibly ridiculous
I'm bringing a couple of goofy aprons
me: We'll call the book "Thanksgiving with Mike."
Subtitled "A Treatise on Friendship, Joy and Togetherness."
Sent at 2:53 PM on Thursday
me: Sub-subtitled "38 Weeks As the #1 New York Times Bestseller."
Jana: We can have a picture of us surrounding him and he will look
very Christ-like and pious
me: Totally.
Jana: I think this conversation we're having should totally go in
the book
It's like a coffee table book
me: Hee-hee. I'll add it to the group.
Jana: hehe
me: What's the saddest disease someone could get?
Jana: haha
ALS
me: ALS?
Jana: ooo
Crap I can't remember what it stands for
it's like MS but worse
your CNS just starts to shut down
me: Would it require him to sit in a chair with a tartan flannel
blanket over his lap? That's the most important part.
Jana: Lou Gehrigs disease is the other name for it
Absolutely
It's the perfect disease for that
me: Would it allow him to sit by a window, longingly looking out but
still being stoic and strong?
Jana: absolutely
me: And say, "I want you [us] to go on living your lives. Each day
is a gift."
God, we're going to make a fortune.

thefinn2003
Nov 20, 3:23 pm
why don't we just fake his death? or better yet he could get lost on
a hike ON THANKSGIVING DAY. frozen to death above treeline. in a
blizzard. and all of us beside ourselves with apprehension. god that
would be great. park rangers whizzing around on snowmobiles. maybe a
helicopter. all of us just sitting there, staring. waiting to hear
from the authorities. and all that food, but no one with an
appetite. someone's gotta go with him and get him lost and bludgeon
him on the continental divide. sorry mike.

thefinn2003
Nov 20, 3:26 pm
jana: haha ALS"
you're going to hell for that.
aaron 
Nov 20, 3:27 pm
You are completely missing out on the whole point. A quick freezing death is
not slow and tragic enough. Nor does it allow him to put a tartan flannel
blanket over his lap and look at us with moist eyes, saying, "I've been
given the best gift a guy could ever get—you guys. I truly have something to
be thankful for."

 thefinn2003
 why don't we just fake his death? or better yet he could get lost on
 a hike ON THANKSGIVING DAY. frozen to death above treeline. in a
 blizzard. and all of us beside ourselves with apprehension. god that
 would be great. park rangers whizzing around on snowmobiles. maybe a
 helicopter. all of us just sitting there, staring. waiting to hear
 from the authorities. and all that food, but no one with an
 appetite. someone's gotta go with him and get him lost and bludgeon
 him on the continental divide. sorry mike.

Brandy  
Nov 20, 4:13 pm
okay, okay..... lets settle down
andrew  
Nov 20, 4:29 pm
like this?


CancerBoyWhistling.jpg
45K View Download

Aaron  
Nov 20, 4:32 pm
Exactly like that. Only more Carsten-esque. And sadder. Much, much sadder.
thefinn2003
Nov 20, 6:06 pm
but see, my way would be much easier to arrange. we'd get national
headlines immediately. INSTANT FAME! and we'd have the "into thin
air" angle. SENSELESS TRAGEDY! a wonderful life cut horribly short.
true, it's probably not book material. but we could set-up a non-
profit for brandy and the kids and skim off the top. and we'd be
household names. think of the exposure for newspeak! imagine all the
sympathy sex!


End of messages
« Back to Discussions « Newer topic Older topic »

1 comments:

b carstenium said...

So sweety, either this is a sign that they really love you and value all your goodness, or, we might be afraid, very afraid. If I see a tartan blanket i'm packing us up and we'll escape. I promise